Because we have so many books and can never find them, I decided it was time to create an online data base with all of our books and where they are located, hence the title of this post, and the database. I am currently at 438 books, and that doesn’t even include the 75 Archie Comic books.
What I have learned:
- We have two, sometimes three copies of the same books.
- Listening to podcasts while documenting books makes the time pass by so quickly! I’ve listened to Tim Ferriss’ podcasts with Maria Popova, Marie Kondo (naturally listening to someone talk about organizing is inspirational when you’re doing just that) and Cheryl Strayed.
- 2/3 of the books we have are political in nature. The other 1/3 are self-help, fiction and books about spirituality.
- We have Holy Books from all major Religions. (We have three copies of the Bible, and I am still counting.)
- We love textbooks.
- I found 5 books that were lent to us and we never returned (oops).
- I keep finding papers and notes, sometimes pictures in my books, which remind me of the time in my life that I was reading these books. For example, in 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I found an old work schedule from Canadian Tire in the Yukon and a plane ticket to San Francisco.